Monday, January 31, 2011

Here's to Feb - Only 28 Days!

I was really hoping that 2011 was going to be a muccchhh better year, but so far it's not off to a great of a start.

Between battling illness (that stomach bug going around is DEADLY), snow storms, colds, my son going through a really whiny/clingy stage, leaky roofs, work and eyeball issues - January can be summed up as the month of endless hurdles and challenges. It seemed as if each week was a huge ordeal just to get through. A few weeks ago I remember someone at work asking what I was doing over the weekend - I was so focused just on getting through this week that I haven't spent one second thinking about it. And this is coming from me - Type A always planned and scheduled in advance. So that just goes to show you what kind of state I was in.

The good news is that we are all healthy again - hopefully now for awhile. We'd better be after I disinfected the crap out of the house after each bout with sickness. My eyeball issues have been resolved for the most part and resulted in getting LASIK last week. So, I'm actually able to see now - 20/20 for the first time I can remember! Still healing, but really excited about seeing like a normal person again. Dan and I also managed to get out a few times in the month of Jan thanks to good friends giving of their time to babysit so we can spend some time together. And although I turned another year older (bad), but had a great birthday thanks to my wonderful hubby.

That being said, there are still things coming out of Jan that are still unresolved. Things at work and my job are still up in the air. Playing the waiting game right now which can drive anyone crazy. I really don't do well with uncertainty. My son is still going through his whiny/clingy stage that I hope he gets over really soon. I can't do anything without him attached to my leg or crying - which is frustrating - especially when spending so much time together housebound thanks to all the snow and sickness. Oh yes speaking of which - we are only supossed to get another 15+ inches this week which is great. Which could mean more leaky roof issues - gotta love old "charming" homes!

Anyway, I am hopeful that February will be a better, less eventful month. Thank God it's only 28 days!

I know I've been really bad at posting updates and promise to get better at this! (But some of what I felt like writing this past month was probably better not to be put into actual writing)

No comments:

Post a Comment